By James Wasserman, Brian Cotnoir
In The Weiser Concise advisor to Alchemy, Brian Cotnoir deals a close, step by step advent of Alchemy that explores its mysteries whereas illustrating its use as a latest non secular process of attainment. He presents an outline of the background of Alchemy, from the 1st meldings of Egyptian know-how, throughout the heart a while -- the golden age of alchemy -- correct as much as modern concepts.
He demystifies the connection among Alchemy and chemistry, and he presents proof to detractors that Alchemy is way greater than a medieval kind of psychotherapy. (The advisor comprises sensible laboratory experiments that competently, and intelligently, lead readers to an knowing of this old artwork and religious practice.)
The Weiser Concise advisor to Alchemy is replete with real workouts of the alchemical artwork such as:
• Distillation and extra procedures to extract aqua vitae and the "spirit of wine";
• The purification of salts via calcination, crystallization, and sublimation;
• complicated approaches for acquiring such alchemical precursors as Archaeus of Water, Oil of Tartar, and the Spirit of Wine of the Sages;
• natural paintings for acquiring spagyric tinctures, magistries, ens, and stones;
• Mineral paintings for acquiring the salts and oils of metals.
The Weiser Concise advisor to Alchemy makes Alchemy a plausible and helpful modality that may be used for figuring out and dealing in live performance with the energies of Nature for non secular improvement, therapeutic, and transformation.