By Theodore Warkentin, Andreas Greinacher
Although first stated in 1973, immune heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) continues to be probably the most in all likelihood devastating and common adversarial drug reactions encountered by way of physicians. This Fourth Edition reinforces its status because the top consultant to the actual analysis and administration of HIT by means of opting for key signs of this illness and offering transparent intervention thoughts, together with specific details at the use of other anticoagulants to regulate those serious circumstances.
Intended for these requiring a professional resource of steerage for the short detection and regulate of HIT, this reference:
- contains new chapters on novel pharmacotherapies, fresh drug approvals, present dosing directions, and the benefits and obstacles of other anticoagulants
- reviews the immune foundation and pathogenesis, scientific beneficial properties, differential prognosis, and laboratory checking out for HIT antibodies, and offers evidence-based directions for the popularity, therapy, and prevention of this disorder
- details activities that are meant to and shouldn't be taken after the identity of HIT
- helps physicians choose between various new treatment plans, and determines which of those brokers are secure and potent for his or her patients
- provides a entire evaluation of scientific and laboratory reviews on HIT
- summarizes quite a few myths and therapy paradoxes
Read Online or Download Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia PDF
Similar hematology books
Integrative drugs strives to include the easiest of complementary and traditional modalities. This e-book information integrative oncology, a nascent box development a rigorous evidenced-based scientific medication, learn, and academic beginning. It examines 5 prestigious, complete melanoma facilities dependent within the US, protecting how those facilities all started their courses, what they're at present doing, and proposals for beginning integrative medication clinics.
The effect of hormones on deep venous thrombosis is likely one of the such a lot charged and debated topics. girl hormonal stability is basically laid low with using both oral contraceptives or HRT. for a very long time it's been famous that oral contraceptives can elevate the prevalence of DVT; besides the fact that, there was a tremendous controversy to whether all progestins do that both or even if a few have a better influence than others the place oral birth control is worried.
The booklet is of curiosity to educational and commercial researchers but in addition clinicians who're engaged on irritation similar issues and wish to expand their wisdom approximately microarrays and the appliance thereof. After studying the e-book a researcher or clinician might be within the place to devise, practice and examine or to seriously assessment microarray experiments with regards to irritation examine.
- Essential Haematology, Includes Desktop Edition
- Ovarian toxicology
- Les lymphomes cutanés: Sous l’égide du Groupe français d’étude des lymphomes cutanés
- Practical Flow Cytometry in Haematology Diagnosis
- Problem Solving in Haematology
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Protocols (Methods in Molecular Medicine)
Additional resources for Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia
Thromb Haemost 96:611–617, 2006. MacLean JA, Moscicki R, Bloch KJ. Adverse reactions to heparin. Ann Allerg 65: 254–259, 1990. Makhoul RG, Greenberg CS, McCann RL. Heparin-associated thrombocytopenia and thrombosis: a serious clinical problem and potential solution. J Vasc Surg 4:522–528, 1986. Markel A, Manzo RA, Bergelin RO, Strandness DE Jr. Pattern and distribution of thrombi in acute venous thrombosis. Arch Surg 127:305–309, 1992. Maurin N, Biniek R, Heintz B, Kierdorf H. Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis with spinal ischaemia—recovery of platelet count following a change to a low molecular weight heparin [letter].
Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and the anesthesiologist. Can J Anesth 49(suppl):S36–S49, 2002b. Warkentin TE. Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: pathogenesis and management. Br J Haematol 121:535–555, 2003. Warkentin TE. New approaches to the diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. Chest 127(2 suppl):35S–45S, 2005. Warkentin TE. Think of HIT when thrombosis follows heparin. Chest 130:631–632, 2006a. Warkentin TE. Should vitamin K be administered when HIT is diagnosed after administration of coumarin?
Carette S, Jobin F. Acute adrenal insufficiency as a manifestation of the anticardiolipin syndrome? Ann Rheum Dis 48:430–431, 1989. Carlsson LE, Lubenow N, Blumentritt C, Kempf R, Papenberg S, Schroder W, Eichler P, Herrmann FH, Santoso S, Greinacher A. Platelet receptor and clotting factor polymorphisms as genetic risk factors for thromboembolic complications in heparininduced thrombocytopenia. Pharmacogenetics 13:253–258, 2003. Castaman G, Ruggeri M, Girardello R, Rodeghiero F. An unusually prolonged case of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and disseminated intravascular coagulation.